Are you a linguistics student who want to learn statistics?

I'm suspecting that there are students of linguistics reading this blog, as well as graduated linguistics and non-academic language enthusiastic. Well, if you are a linguist and want to learn statistics you might want to check out this book that is available for free online. I love me some freely available good stuff, and even though this is an old work it's still a very good introduction. You should be reading newer literature too, but if you're just looking to get started this is an easy way to get moving. I actually used this book more than the literature I bought and payed for during my introduction to linguistics. It does not have the most recent and updated methods, but many things are still valid and relevant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Global Tree of Languages

Language family maps

My ELAN workflow for segmenting and transcription